Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Wednesday 21 October 2015

On the Road Again

Today was a good day. We went to pilates class this morning, and then I spent all afternoon humpbacked at the drawing board thoroughly re-crabbing my posture. 

I haven't sat down to draw for what feels like a long time; I've had a head full of homework and reports and targets targets targets, so it was pleasing to put a fence around all of that and spend a few much-needed hours just drawing.

I'm working on a small set of portrait drawings which will eventually (I hope) be on display in the Bon Papillon gallery in Edinburgh, run by Stuart and Ingrid. We have Ingrid's splendid work in the Coldstream Gallery and I recognised her straight away someone who shares an interest in laughing at funny-looking people with odd names. 

First finished is the avuncular character actor Gifford Humbie. A cheery old cove.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails