Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Saturday 19 May 2012

You Have Nothing to Lose But An Unpleasant Brown Residue.

I really enjoyed this, a commission from Holy Island-based espresso engineer Neil Anderson, aka Coffee Repair Guy, to do him a new logo and image.

He had some ideas about Coffee Repair Guy as a superhero character, mixed in with soviet propaganda poster style, so I worked up a couple of comic hero ideas and one that was out and out sovietified. I was a bit surprised but pleased that he picked this one, because it was the one I liked the most:



although privately I still like this version with the red text at the top better:



The other two working ideas, which didn't get as far as colour choice:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails