Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Roughting Linn


Decided to use the sunshine yesterday and go to Roughting Linn, to have a look at the neolithic markings and the waterfall. My mother shudders at the mention of Roughting Linn, in an I-won't-set-foot-in-there kind of way. I could see why; I imagine that the gully and waterfall is a dank and gloomy sort of place in the right (wrong) sort of weather, but yesterday it was all bosky and pleasant.

There was a man photographing the spiral markings, who was of the opinion that some of them were representations of LADY PARTS.

He said to Laura "you'd know better than me, what do you think?" I should have struck the bounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails