Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Monday 13 December 2010

Seasonally Adjusted


Cheviot Foothills, Autumn. Oil on board, 18" x 12".

New painting of the country around the Cheviot foothills, North Northumberland. It has a companion piece (below). I like the idea of returning to a place to observe seasonal changes, so there might be a third, snowy one sometime.*



(You'll also spot that between summer and autumn it's not just light and colour that change but hills, trees, field layouts, horizons ...)


*Might not be, though. Part of me thinks that for all the work I put in on these, especially the autumn one, they're just a bit boring.** Working on a sea/sky painting now. I like these. Sea -wallop. Horizon -wallop. Sky - wallop. Clag it on and scuffle it around.

**You see, it's comments like this that make me think I'm maybe not the best person to be in charge of my own publicity...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails