Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Friday 4 June 2010

Rust Never Sleeps 2


Dredger, oil on canvas, 16"x20"

I feel like I've had something of a breakthrough with this, and it's a style and subject I want to do more of. It's simultaneously tight but loose (heard that somewhere before) and satisfies both of my apparently contradictory feelings in painting. I like very much this idea of pursuing the 'natural abstract,' and the exploration of layers that time and decay reveals. Anyway, here it is, and there's more to follow. I'm quite excited. I think this may be my best painting yet.

1 comment:

  1. Rusty gorgeousness, I love the layering and texture you have achieved here, beautiful and evocative of harbour wanders.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails